AFM Licensing/Membership Process
Primary AFM licensing & membership processing is done online through the MotorSportReg system. To apply for a Race License, become an Associate Member or an AFM Worker please visit the following link - 2019 Online Licensing Event
Racers and Workers must submit a completed and signed version of the Release & Waiver of Liability - 2019 Adult Release Form (PDF)
Race License applicants under the age of 18 must submit a completed and signed version of the Minor Release & Waiver of Liability - 2019 Minor Release Form (PDF)
Race License applicants under the age of 16 must submit a completed and signed version of the Minor Under 16 Release & Waiver of Liability - 2019 Minor Under 16 Release Form (PDF)
Mail completed originals to:
2070 N Broadway #5334
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
* There may be additional requirements for racers under the age of 18. Please contact the AFM Chief Registrar for more information.
** Racers from other organizations also need to complete the standard licensing procedure.
2019 License/Membership Fees
* Half Year Is After June 30th
Race Day/Weekend Fees
|No Show||Amount of First Entry|
|DNS (Issues a grid spot and did not start the race)||$20 each|
Race Entry Fees
|Buttonwillow & Thunderhill||Sonoma|
*No Admin Fee for Pre-Entry - Post-Entry Admin Fee = $40
• Cancel your pre-entry before the deadline: no charge.
• Pre-enter Saturday only OR Sunday only, no show: an administrative fee equal to a first entry fee will be applied.
• Pre-enter Saturday AND Sunday, no show: an administrative fee equal to a first entry fee will be applied.
• Received tech slip for Saturday practice: No refund.
• Received tech slip for any race: a $20 processing fee for each grid spot will be applied.
• Received tech slip for any race and started the race (this includes the warm-up lap): No refund.
If you pre-enter for Saturday and/or Sunday but do not show, you will be charged only for the administrative fee. For Saturday practice, if you register and receive your tech slip, no refund is possible. For any race, if you register and receive your tech slip, you will be charged $20 for each grid spot not used (unless your name is on the crash list for that day). If you start any race, including the warm-up lap, no refund is possible for that race.
A request for a license fee refund must be received in writing. A refund must be requested prior to the last scheduled race event of the year. To obtain a license fee refund, you must not have participated in any AFM event. The maximum refund available will be whatever license fee you paid, minus $35, which will hold your membership at the Associate level. A refund relinquishes your current AFM number.
If you are due a refund, an AFM credit will be issued internally that can be used anytime and never expires.
Returned checks, outstanding credit cards and unpaid fines will result in the suspension of your racing privileges and/or membership until all monies and/or fines have been paid (Ref. 4.2.5).
- Hits: 17762